Man has arm amputated after eating sushi
Something fishy going on
© Getty Images
Are you a sushi lover? Think again before you continue reading. According to The Sun, a South Korean man had his hand and forearm got amputated after eating sushi.
The 71- year- old man was overwhelmed with unbearable pain in his hand the day after eating the raw fish. When he went to the hospital two days later his hand had turned pink and swollen. The hand was covered with enormous blood-filled sac and fluid-filled lumps. Immediately he was referred to the surgery department.
Tests revealed that the man was infected with vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacteria found in salty water. People can get infected with the bacteria when eating seafood or having an open wound exposed to the bacteria.
The man was treated with antibiotics, but because he suffered from diabetes, his immune system has been affected and the medication didn't help. Meanwhile, the infection was spreading through his body and there was no other way to stop it than to amputate his hand and forearm. Yikes!
Do you still crave that sushi?
These celebrities have dated regular people
TRAVEL Game of Thrones
Countries you should visit based on your favorite 'Game of Thrones' character
These stars all fell for famous Italians
CELEBRITY Nipsey Hussle
Nipsey Hussle dies in shooting and other celebrity news
Celebrities who speak English as a second language
End of an era: Japan's emperor steps down
CELEBRITY How I Met Your Mother
Cobie Smulders' greatest Canadian moments on 'How I Met Your Mother'
CELEBRITY James Bond
What the best Bond girls did next
Celebs who married their alleged mistresses
Epic 'Game of Thrones' trivia only a superfan would know