Things tourists should never do when visiting Kenya
Be prepared when traveling abroad
1. Never refuse hospitality: In Kenya, it is considered rude to turn down an offer for tea or food.
2. Do not buy ivory or anything from an endangered species: Though it is not sold in public, vendors may try to convince you to buy ivory products or rhino horns. Since it is illegal, this could get you in severe trouble.
3. Always exchange currency: As with any international country, it is essential to use Kenyan schillings never US dollars.
4. Never take photos of locals without consent: Though many people walk through the streets of Nairobi in picturesque traditional wear, it is important only to take photographs of people who allow it.
5. Art is different than crafts
At craft markets, it is commonplace to haggle for prices. However, with works of art, trying to bring down the price is offensive to the creator.
CELEBRITY james blake
James Blake proclaims love for Jameela Jamil with heartfelt message
Smartphones that emit the most (and least) radiation
Everything you wanted to know about Netta Barzilai
Do you want to win an iPhone X worth £1149?
CELEBRITY Celebrity feuds
Everyone Nicki Minaj has ever called out in public
TRAVEL devil's sea
The mysterious story behind Japan's Devil's Sea
Mean girls: stars who can't stand each other
Katie Price banned from 'Loose Women' after crazy holiday antics
CELEBRITY Victoria Beckham
Victoria Beckham’s marketing stunt results in chaos